Federal Government has launched the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) at the State House, Abuja. This was disclosed by the government via its official Twitter handle last month.
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) is an initiative designed to give direct and practical empowerment to Nigeria’s growing youth population. It is structured as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative driven by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs (OSAPYSA).
Do you qualify? Ask yourself if you meet the following basic pre-conditions for enlistment;
- Applicant must be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Applicant must have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
What’s a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB)? – A second level beneficiary (SLB) is a fellow youth in your community who you must have identified and chosen to be trained in your business. This means that at the end of (a minimum) of one year, you will be obligated to empower this youth in the same manner that the presidential youth empowerment scheme (PYES) has empowered you, this is similar to the Igbo apprenticeship model.
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form. Get Form here
Application For the presidential youth empowerment scheme are to be made via their portal (see links below). It is important to note that no registration fees will be required during the application / selection process. Please be aware of fraudulent entities who may try to prey on honest citizens.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online – Applying for the programme is easy, simply follow the instructions provided click here to apply now.
To Apply In person – You can collect a registration form from any of their offices here